When you are living far from your house, it is very difficult to adjust away from your culture and traditions. One day, I was missing my school days. What we use to do is that after our school gets off, here is a shop near our which serves only Amritsari Chole Kulcha every alternate day We used to go there with my friends and enjoyed eating that Kulcha.
I was missing that Kulcha today, I thought to make it here in Melbourne but I don’t know how to make it. I called my uncle who owns a restaurant in India just to know the Amritsari Chole Kulcha Recipe.
He gave me the Amritsari Chole Kulcha Recipe and I made it by recalling my old memories. I thought to share the recipe with my lovely people.
This spicy chunk of your life can also be made at your own place in some easy steps. On top homemade street food would make you eat healthily and your choice spice.
Ingredients Required For Amritsari Chole Kulcha Recipe
Ingredients for Chole
|Meetha soda||½ tsp|
|Bay leaf||1 unit|
|Black cardamom||1 unit|
|Green cardamom||2 units|
|Black pepper seeds||5 units|
|Red chilli powder||½ tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Channa masala||3 tsp|
|Cumin powder||½ tsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Black pepper powder||¼ tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Chopped green chillies||2 units|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 tbsp|
|Tamarind chutney||To garnish|
|Tomatoes, onions, green chilies, and coriander leaves||To garnish|
Ingredients for Kulcha
|Refined flour||2 cups|
|Baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Melted Butter||For Brushing|
|Chopped Coriander||1 tbsp|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 tsp|
|Finely chopped Coriander||1 tsp|
|Finely chopped green chilli||1 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Aamchur powder||1 tsp|
|Red Chili Powder||1 tsp|
How To Make Amritsari Chole Kulcha Recipe
Amritsari Chole Recipe-
- Take 1.5 cup chickpea in a bowl add ¼ tsp meetha soda and 2 cups water and keep aside for 5-6 hours.
- Now take them out of that water and wash them.
- Add them in a pressure cooker.
- Now add 3 cups water, 1 tsp salt, 1 bay leaf, 1 black cardamom, 2 green cardamoms, 4-5 black pepper seeds, 2 cloves, 1 tea bag, and 1 stick cinnamon.
- Mix all.
- Cook it on high flame and wait for two whistles.
- Then burn the flame to medium and cook for another five minutes in the same closed cooker.
- Now take the teabag out and empty the contents of the cooker in a wide pan (Kadai).
- Put it on another flame.
- Add ½ tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 3 tsp channa masala, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¼ tsp black pepper powder, and 2 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- Mix all thoroughly, cook for a few minutes.
- Side by side keeps mashing some of the chickpeas for the thickness in gravy.
- Now add water according to your choice of gravy quantity.
- Bring it to boil.
- Add some chopped green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Close the flame and cover it.
- Let the aroma spread.
- Now serve it in a bowl add tamarind chutney, finely chopped tomatoes, and onions, some more green chilies, and coriander leaves.
- Balance the spice according to your wish.
Amritsari Kulcha Recipe
- Add redefined flour, baking soda, baking powder, yogurt pinch of salt, and oil in a bowl and mix.
- Add some water and make it in the form of a dough,
- Cover the top of the bowl with a plastic sheet and keep it aside for 3-5 hours to rise.
- In another bowl, mash the boiled potatoes.
- Now in the same bowl, add salt, ginger, coriander, green chilli, red chilli powder, cumin powder, and aamchur powder and mix it well and keep it aside.
- Now, take the dough and make small balls of it. And on a rolling board, roll the dough.
- Then stuff the potato mixture in the dough properly and press gently the dough with all your finger to close it properly.
- Then put kalonji and chopped Coriander in the middle of the dough for some extra taste.
- Now heat a non-stick pan and place the kulcha on it and bake it until one side puffs and then turn over.
- Roast the Kulcha till it become golden brown and then brush the both sides of the Amritsari Kulcha with melted butter,
This Amritsari Chole Kulcha recipe especially contains so many spices that it delights your taste buds with a blast of aromatic spices. It gives you a pleasurable taste almost irreplaceable.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|6 hours 15 minutes||45 minutes||7 hours|
Nutritional Facts Of Amritsari Chole Kulcha Recipe