Amish sugar cookies are made from simple ingredients and will just melt in your mouth. It is also an easy recipe to make and doesn’t take much time. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
Once, a friend of mine invited me to her place for coffee. She served me Amish sugar cookies, which I first refused as I am not a big fan of sugar. But, when she kept insisting, I took a bite and I was blown away. The cookie just melted in my mouth and I couldn’t resist having another bite. I asked her to share the recipe with me. I am sure you all will also fall in love with these cookies, just like me.
To make these delicious Amish sugar cookies, you have to put butter, oil, sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, and tartar cream in a bowl. Mix it well till you get a creamy texture. Put spoonfuls of this mixture on a baking sheet. Bake them for about 8-10 minutes and let them cool for a while. Your Amish sugar cookies are ready to be served.
This was just an overview of the complete recipe. The detailed steps and all other information is mentioned below, take notes! Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies– Big & buttery chocolate chip cookies are the perfect after-meal snack. They are filled with both butter and chocolate chips which makes them the perfect cookies. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
2. Crab Omelette– Crabmeat is actually very healthy. Crab is a great source of protein and is considered to be one of the best dietary sources of protein. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids, Selenium, Riboflavin, Copper, and Phosphorus.
3. Banana Oats Protein Pancakes– Banana oats protein pancakes contain no refined sugar, just oats, eggs, and bananas. You can eat them for breakfast, as a pre-workout snack, or before bedtime to fill up your energy reserves for the night.
4. Overnight Blueberry French Toast– Overnight blueberry French toast is an amazing recipe made of delicious blueberries, eggs, milk, bread, cream cheese, vanilla, maple syrup, sugar, and butter. It is nothing like the traditional French toast recipe.
Amish Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Preheat the oven to 375oF.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, oil, and sugar. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and tartar cream. Add this mixture to the butter mixture. Also, add eggs and vanilla to it. Blend it all together until it has a creamy texture.
- Take spoonfuls of this mixture and put them on a baking sheet. Bake them for about 8-10 minutes until the cookies turn light brown.
- Take them out and let them cool for a while. The Amish sugar cookies are ready!