Eggs are a great source of protein and calcium. The recipe I will be sharing has eggs as its main ingredient. The recipe is of Amaya’s Migas.
I was surfing the internet to come up with a good recipe made with eggs. This recipe is given by Robert Amaya, who recalls Migas to be the dinner he used to eat as a child. He also mentioned his family used to call it Migajas.
Migas is a main dish made with eggs and torn-up tortillas. You can not only have this recipe as dinner, but it also makes a great breakfast.
To cook up Amaya’s migas, crisp the tortillas in a skillet. Then add tomatoes, onion, and chili to the skillet and cook. Pour eggs into this and cook them.
As the eggs get cooked partially, add cheddar to it and cover the skillet. Wait for the cheese to melt and serve hot.
To make classic Amaya’s migas, try adding popular variations like chorizo, ham, or bacon to the dish.
The great thing about Amaya’s Migas is that it is a very versatile dish. You can easily change it up to suit your own taste buds. So don’t be afraid to experiment and try out different ingredients.
Do not consider the above methods as a detailed method. You will get to know about the recipe in detail below. This dish is really easy to make. You just need precisely follow the instructions precisely.
There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Thai Pineapple Fried Rice– Thai pineapple fried rice is an amazing dish from Thai cuisine. It is healthy, nutritious, vegetarian, and delicious. It has a spicy and savory flavor and the tang of lime. It is quick to make stir-fry for summer dinners.
2. Pad Thai– Thai recipes are one of the most incredible and lip-smacking dishes you would ever lay your hands on. Pad Thai is one of the most famous street foods of Thailand. You can find it in Thai restaurants as well.
3. Dahi Gosht– Dahi Ghost (also known as Curd Lamb Curry) is a thick, creamy meat curry that is most popular in the northern part of India. Dahi Ghost is popular for its deliciousness and spicy taste.
4. Grilled Salmon Burgers– This grilled salmon burger recipe transforms the tender salmon fillet into crispy yet flaky grilled salmon patties. These patties, when combined with delicious toppings, make an amazing burger.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Amaya’s Migas?
- Large Skillet – In a large skillet, sauté the tortilla chips and veggies until they are crisp.
- Whisk – Beat the eggs using a whisk in a skillet for the recipe.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife into small pieces.
- Grater – Grate the cheese with a grater for a cheesy bite.
- Spatula – Scrap the ingredients using a spatula while they are cooking.
- Chopping Board – Chop the veggies on a chopping board for fine cutting.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Amaya’s Migas?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Amaya’s Migas?
- Dime-Sized Tortilla – Sauté the corn tortillas in oil to get the nutty corn flavor with soft and tender chewy texture.
- Cheddar Cheese – Cook cheddar cheese in a skillet to get toasty flavor with a firm and smooth texture.
- Eggs – I have added eggs while making the dish to make it extra creamy.
- Vegetable Oil – Sauté the tortilla chips in olive oil and veggies until they get crisp.
- Tomato – Tomatoes when sautéed will add sweetness to the recipe.
- Onion – Onion when cooked will add an intense flavor to the recipe.
- Jalapeño Chili – Cooked jalapeño chili will add a richer, slightly smoky, and earthy with good heat to the recipe.
Steps To Make Amaya’s Migas
1. Prepping The Veggies
Start by chopping half onion and tomato into small pieces. Now slice jalapeño chili and shred half a cup of cheddar cheese.
Take a large skillet and heat oil in it over medium flame. Sauté the corn tortilla chips until they get crisp. It will take a minute or two.
2. Serve Migas Hot
Now, add chopped tomatoes, onions and chili to the skillet. Cook them for five minutes until golden brown and aromatic.
Pour eggs in the skillet and using the spatula, whisk in the eggs and scrap them up while they are cooking.
As the eggs partially get set, add shredded cheddar cheese. Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt and serve hot.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
How Will Amaya’s Migas Look And Taste Like?
Amaya’s Migas is a dish that is packed with flavor. The eggs and cheese come together to create a delicious and hearty meal. The dish is also very filling, so it is perfect for those who are looking for a satisfying breakfast.
The migas is delicious. The crunchy tortilla strips, scrambled eggs, and melty cheese are flavored with onion and bell pepper, making a fresh, homemade dish that is well balanced and unexpectedly easy.
Amaya’s Migas Recipe
- Large Skillet
- Chopping Board
- 2 cups Dime-Sized Tortilla Pieces
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- ½ cup Tomato (Chopped)
- ⅔ cup Large Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño Chili (Chopped)
- Start by chopping half onion and tomato into small pieces.
- Now slice jalapeño chili and shred half a cup of cheddar cheese.
- Take a large skillet and heat oil in it over medium flame.
- Sauté the corn tortilla chips until they get crisp. It will take a minute or two.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes, onions and chili to the skillet.
- Cook them for five minutes until golden brown and aromatic.
- Pour eggs in the skillet and using the spatula, whisk in the eggs and scrap them up while they are cooking.
- As the eggs partially get set, add shredded cheddar cheese. Cover the skillet and let the cheese melt and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the ingredients in Amaya’s Migas?
The ingredients in Amaya’s Migas include eggs, bread, and vegetables.
How do you make Amaya’s Migas?
Amaya’s Migas is a popular recipe that uses eggs, bread, and vegetables. The dish is traditionally served for breakfast or brunch.
What are migas?
Migas are a traditional dish from Spain and Portugal, typically made with eggs, bread, and vegetables.
Why is it called migas?
Migas comes from the word “migajas” in Spanish which translates to “crumbs” in English. The migas part represent the dish made out of leftovers consisting of corn tortillas, whatever vegetables you have at hand mixed with eggs.
Amaya’s Migas is a delicious, traditional dish from Spain and Portugal that is perfect for breakfast or brunch. The dish is made with eggs, bread, and vegetables, and is sure to satisfy your hunger.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding the recipe? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge.