Vegetable dishes are the heart and soul of the Indian cuisine and one of the most popular dish in that cuisine is Aloo Baingan Sabzi. Baingan which is also known as Eggplant or Brinjal is featured in a variety of dishes in the India.
The most popular state in India that kind-of reinvented the Aloo Baingan Sabzi recipe is Punjab. Every food item related to Punjab is just big and delicious. People usually enjoy the Aloo Baingan Sabzi with Chapati. And the dish even tastes more tastier the next day.
So today, I will tell you the Punjabi Aloo Baingan Sabzi recipe that will fulfill your next appetite and I am 100% sure that you are gonna love this dish.
So let’s check it out. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Vegetable Manchurian– Veg Manchurian is a tasty Indo-Chinese dish of fried veggie balls in a spicy, sweet and tangy sauce.
2. Bhinda Ni Kadhi– This is a soft textured main course lunch dish for the new excitements in the food. This dish especially challenges creativity by mixing the most repelling ingredients in one dish to create a wonderful sensation of taste on your tongue.
3. Bhagare Baingan Curry– Bhagare Baingan is a Hyderabad cuisine made in Punjabi way and tastes international, eaten in every part of the world. It is eaten with rice and chapatti. It is also called as Nune Vankaya Kura in Telegu.
4. Kadai Paneer– This restaurant style Kadai Paneer gets its unique flavor from freshly ground spices like coriander and red chilies! Enjoy it with naan or paratha.
Ingredients for Punjabi Aloo Baingan Sabzi Recipe
|Sunflower oil||1 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Ginger paste||½ tsp|
|Garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Finely chopped onion||1 unit|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Finely chopped green Chili||1 unit|
|Coriander powder||½ tsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Red chilly powder||½ tsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Finely chopped tomato||1 unit|
|Long sliced Brinjal (Baingan)||1 unit|
|Boiled potatoes||2 cups|
|Finely chopped coriander leaves||Enough to garnish|
|Water||Enough for gravy|
Punjabi Aloo Baingan Sabzi Recipe
- In a preheated pan add 1 tbsp sunflower oil and let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds, ginger, and garlic paste and let it roast for a while.
- Then add onion, green chilly, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt, red chilly powder, and turmeric powder.
- Mix it well and cook till onions cook and give away a golden color.
- Add tomatoes and water to it, cook the gravy till it is of a thick texture.
- Put brinjal (baingan) in this gravy, mix it well and cook it for a few minutes.
- Now add some water and cover the pan for a while.
- Then add boiled potatoes and cook again for a few minutes.
- Add some water and let it boil.
- Now add coriander leaves, switch off the flame, and cover the vegetable for a while to let the aroma spread in the vegetable.
- Serve hot with fulka (roti).
How to Make it Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
Nutritional Information of Aloo Baingan Sabzi Recipe