The gravy, the aroma will add a heavenly flavor to anything. Our daily potatoes and our sulked aubergines are definitely going to change for a better taste. It is another gravylicious entry in our routine to delight us with its pure aroma. Just as same base different aspects life shows, same does this aromatic gravy to different veggies of daily bore in our lives.
AROMATIC ALOO BAINGAN is a soft veggie; a perfect dining dish to be savored with chapatti and rice. It is sure to send your taste buds in a different world. Lingering its heavenly taste till even after its finished you won’t even want to have anything else for a long time.
How much Time it will Take:
Ingredients for Punjabi Aloo Baingan:
|Sunflower oil||1 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Ginger paste||½ tsp|
|Garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Finely chopped onion||1 unit|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Finely chopped Green chilli||1 unit|
|Coriander powder||½ tsp|
|Garam masala||½ tsp|
|Red chilly powder||½ tsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Finely chopped tomato
Long sliced aubergine
|Boiled potatoes||2 cups|
|Finely chopped coriander leaves||Enough to garnish|
|Water||Enough for gravy|
How to Make Punjabi Aloo Baingan – Spicy Treat | Recipe:
- In a pre heated pan add 1 tbsp sunflower oil and let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds, ginger and garlic paste and let it roast for a while.
- Then add onion, green chilly, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt, red chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix it well and cook till onions cook and give away a golden color.
- Add tomatoes and water to it, cook the gravy till it is of a thick texture.
- Put baingan in this gravy, mix it well and cook it for a few minutes.
- Now add some water and cover the pan for a while.
- Then add boiled potatoes and cook again for a few minutes.
- Add some water and let it boil.
- Now add coriander leaves, switch off the flame and cover the vegetable for a while to let he aroma spread in the vegetable.
- Serve hot.
Now taste these AROMATIC ALOO BAINGAN, savor it with pleasure and linger it with delight for long to feel the feeling of being in a different world; namely FOOD. Lives similar aspects and different perspectives are thus depicted to teach us too.
Stay tuned for more recipes to add on to your life…