Airline chicken is a food dish consisting of boneless chicken breast with the drumette attached. The cut is also known as frenched breast. Known as a Statler chicken, this name came from Statler Hotel Boston built-in 1927 by E.M Statler.
Since the breast is served with the wing part sticking up, some people claim it got its name from its resemblance of aeroplane’s wings. That’s riveting. Airline Chicken Breast is a nickname for a particular cut of chicken breast.
So, the Airline Chicken can be made at home as well. In this article, I will be telling you how to make Airline Chicken by giving directions. Now, check out the Airline Chicken Recipe.
Ingredients required for Airline Chicken Recipe
|Kosher salt for taste||1 pinch|
|Ground black pepper to taste||1 pinch|
|Herbes de Provence||2 pinches|
|Cayenne pepper to taste||1/4 tbsp|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Divided butter||3 tbsp|
|Sprig fresh rosemary||1|
|Sprigs fresh thyme||2|
|Chicken stock||1/2 cup|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 minutes||20 minutes||50 minutes|
Airline Chicken Recipe
- At the joint where the chicken wing meets the drumette, slice off 1/2 of each of wing of a chicken. It should be done by cutting through the joint.
- Cut off the skin between chicken’s thighs and breasts.
- In order to separate the breasts, the breast bone is to be given a shallow cut along the breast bone while giving two deep cuts on either side.
- With knife’s tip, cut off the carcass from each breast. Hold the blade pressed against the bone.
- In order to remove breast along with attached wing, slice through the cartilage.
- The tenders are to be removed and trimmed as per requirements.
- Use olive oil drizzle, salt, pepper, herbes de Provence and cayenne pepper for seasoning.
- Separate the skin from the meat by pushing your finger under breasts’ skin.
- Center 1 tender under the skin. Let it be smooth over the skin.
- Season the breasts with salt.
- Take a skillet.
- Over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- With skin side facing downwards, put the chicken into it.
- Let it cook until the base of it turns brown.
- Turn it to the other side, after reducing heat to medium let it cook to ensure it’s no longer pink from inside.
- Now, put 1 tablespoon butter, rosemary and thyme.
- Chicken and butter are to be basted.
- Take out the chicken from skillet.
- Now, the stock is to be poured into the pan.
- Over high heat, let it boil so that it achieves required thickness. It would take about 2 minutes.
- Beat in remaining butter and turn off the heat.
- Cut each chicken breast into thirds.
- Scoop out the sauce on top of it.
Nutritional Information of Airline Chicken Recipe
|Dietary fiber||4.2 g|
|Saturated fats||26.7 g|
|Vitamin A||2301.1 IU|
|Vitamin C||45.7 mg|