If you miss the food of airlines, then this airline chicken is just for you. Today, I am going to share how you can make chicken just like they serve in airlines.
Whenever I am travelling on a plane, I usually prefer eating chicken there. Once I wondered what the difference between the chicken they serve there is. I got to know that chicken doesn’t dry out as much as normal. So I checked for the recipe on the internet and got to know how we can make that kind of chicken at home.
Airline Chicken recipe includes seasoning chicken breasts with oil, salt, pepper, herbes de Provence and cayenne pepper. Take a skillet and cook chicken in olive oil. Then add butter, rosemary and thyme. At last pour chicken stock and boil until it reaches the desired thickness. Now the chicken is ready.
This recipe is a bit long recipe but don’t worry I have added the detailed steps in such a way that it would be easy for you to make the chicken. Now let’s see what are the ingredients you’ll need for making this chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Airline Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 pinches Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 tbsp divided Butter
Grab these ingredients at a nearby supermarket and get ready to make the chicken. Now let’s see how much time it will take to make the chicken.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Airline Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 mins||20 mins||50 mins|
It only takes 20 minutes to cook this chicken. Let’s see how you can make the chicken.
Steps to Make Airline Chicken
- At the joint where the chicken wing meets the drumette, slice off 1/2 of each of wing of a chicken. It should be done by cutting through the joint.
- Cut off the skin between chicken’s thighs and breasts.
- In order to separate the breasts, the breast bone is to be given a shallow cut along the breast bone while giving two deep cuts on either side.
- With knife’s tip, cut off the carcass from each breast. Hold the blade pressed against the bone.
- In order to remove breast along with attached wing, slice through the cartilage.
- The tenders are to be removed and trimmed as per requirements.
- Use olive oil drizzle, salt, pepper, herbes de Provence and cayenne pepper for seasoning.
- Separate the skin from the meat by pushing your finger under breasts’ skin.
- Center 1 tender under the skin. Let it be smooth over the skin.
- Season the breasts with salt.
- Take a skillet.
- Over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- With skin side facing downwards, put the chicken into it.
- Let it cook until the base of it turns brown.
- Turn it to the other side, after reducing heat to medium let it cook to ensure it’s no longer pink from inside.
- Now, put 1 tablespoon butter, rosemary and thyme.
- Chicken and butter are to be basted.
- Take out the chicken from skillet.
- Now, the stock is to be poured into the pan.
- Over high heat, let it boil so that it achieves required thickness. It would take about 2 minutes.
- Beat in remaining butter and turn off the heat.
- Cut each chicken breast into thirds.
- Scoop out the sauce on top of it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Airline Chicken
Here is a complete nutritional breakdown of this chicken recipe for diet conscious people.
|Dietary fiber||4.2 g|
|Saturated fats||26.7 g|
|Vitamin A||2301.1 IU|
|Vitamin C||45.7 mg|
How to Make Airline Chicken Breast at Home | Video
If you’re having any doubt regarding this recipe, the below video will help you a lot.
Now you know the recipe, so don’t forget to make this chicken. Please post your reviews in the comment section below.