If you love corn dogs but don’t want to eat them because they’re fried, I’ll tell you how to make healthy corn dogs. You can make Air fryer corn dogs. The air fryer corn dogs are as delicious and crispy as the fried ones but without the excess oil. They are also easy to make.
Air fryers are mainly not such expensive products, but still, if you are facing budget constraints, you can find some of the best air fryers under 100 dollars tag. If you have kids at home, it will be become their favorite for sure. You can pair them up with ketchup or mustard or any other dip of your choice.
To make Air Fryer corn dogs, mix flour, cornmeal, eggs, buttermilk, baking powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and sugar in a bowl. Transfer this batter to a tall glass. Put hot dogs on skewers and dip in the batter. Then, place the corn dogs in the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes. Flip them and cook for 2 minutes. Take them out and serve with ketchup and mustard.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other street food recipes that we’ve covered that you should also check as well.
1. Tex-Mex Fajitas– It is a Texan-Mexican American dish with strips of beef skirt meat. Fajitas are served to sizzle on a cast-iron skillet that is still on the heat. The sizzle is because the meat is still cooking while it is brought to be served on your table.
2. Salt Beef Bagel– London is a great place to eat street food and one of the most popular food in London are the salt beef bagels. Salt beef bagels are an ethnic dish that is mostly made by Jewish people.
3. Amritsari Chole Kulcha– Amritsari chole kulcha is a famous dish from Indian cuisine. It consists of spicy cooked chickpea and kulcha. It is served with tamarind sauce, onions, tomatoes, and coriander. It is a complete meal and is a great recipe to fulfill your cravings.
4. Coconut Shrimp– If you want a crispy seafood snack then, crispy and delicious coconut shrimp is the best snack for you. It is covered in coconut mixture and is baked to give you a healthy and beautiful bite-sized snack.
Air fryer Corn Dogs Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Powder
- 8 Hot Dogs
- In a bowl, make a smooth batter of flour, cornmeal, eggs, buttermilk, baking powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and sugar. Pour this batter into a tall glass.
- Insert each hot dog on a skewer and dunk them in the tall glass of batter. Place them on parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Place them in alternating directions of the sticks.
- Cook for 8 minutes in the air fryer at 370oF until they turn brown. Flip them after that and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place them on a plate and serve hot with ketchup and mustard.