The air fryer chicken tenders recipe will make you a pro in the kitchen in no time. These chicken tenders are super crispy and tasty. This recipe does not require deep frying. The chicken tenders are incredibly moist and juicy. So, considering this meal as your dinner or lunch is the best choice.
Chicken tenders are also known as chicken strips, chicken fingers, and chicken tempura. According to Manchester, a New Hampshire restaurant called ”The Puritan Backroom” invented chicken tenders in 1974. These quick and easy chicken tenders are sure to impress your friends and family.
To make air fryer chicken tenders, mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and garlic in one bowl. In the same bowl, add chicken and marinate for some time. In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, salt, and pepper. Dip marinated chicken in the bowl and place on the air fry bottom try. Heat for some time and air fryer chicken tenders are ready to eat.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Check out the detailed recipe below! But before you read out the entire recipe, refer to the other dishes from the starters section of our blog.
1. Paleo Chicken Soup– Paleo chicken soup is a delicious chicken soup and a brilliant immune booster. It’s loaded with nutrients from chicken, fresh veggies, and herbs. It’s flavored with salt and pepper seasoning along with ginger. It’s super healthy and easy to make.
2. Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings– Air fryer chicken tender has crispy tender chicken marinated in the mixture of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. This crispy chicken has an outer layer of bread crumbs and grated cheese. It’s air-fried and served with lemon wedges and zucchini tomato orzo.
3. Smoked Shrimp– Smoked shrimp is an easy recipe to have delicious homemade shrimp. These shrimps are coated with an aromatic seasoning blend of garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, and many more. These shrimps are cooked in a smoker and braised with a flavorful lemon-butter mixture.
4. Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs– Meatballs without breadcrumbs recipe is another way to enjoy moist and super healthy meatballs. These meatballs are filled with ground meat, veggies, parmesan cheese, and flavored with seasoning spices. These meatballs are served with a spicy sauce.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
- Bowls – Take two bowls for preaparing marinade and breading.
- Air Fryer – Fry the chicken tenders using an air-fryer.
- Tong – Flip the chicken tenders with a tong.
- Grater – Grate the parmesan cheese using a grater.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||30 Minutes||10 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
- Chicken – Marinade half a pound of chicken to preapre the tenders.
- Mayonnaise – Take two tablespoons of mayonnaise to marinate the chicken.
- Dijon Mustard – Spice up the marinade with a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Garlic – Adding garlic will bring out pungent and aromatic flavors.
- Panko Bread Crumbs – Coat the chicken tenders with the breadcrumbs to achieve crispy and crunchy texture.
- Parmesean Cheese – Grated parmesan cheese mixed with the breading brings out subtle cheesy flavors to the chicken tenders.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the chicken with a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Canola Oil – Fry the chicken tenders using canola oil as it has a high smoking point.
Steps To Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Prepare the marinade by mixing mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and salt. Place the sliced chicken tenders into the marinade and keep it aside for 30 minutes to immerse nicely.
Take a separate bowl to prepare the breading mixture. Add Panko breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. Mix all the dry rubs nicely. Coat the marinated chicken with the breading mixture. Coat them in batches and put them on the wire rack.
Put the coated chicken wings into the air fryer. Fry the chicken tenders until they are crispy and brown. Remove the fried tenders on a wire rack and let them cool down. Serve the chicken tenders with your favorite sauce. Bon Appetit!
|Dietary Fiber||1.1 g|
How Will Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Look And Taste Like?
Air fryer chicken tenders are crispy and delicious. The marinade infuses the flavors nicely and results in crunchy and delightful chicken tenders. Serve these tenders with spicy or any other sauces of your choice.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Recipe
For Chicken Marination:
- ½ cup Mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic Cloves (pressed and use grater for pressing garlic)
- 2 pounds Chicken
For Air Fryer
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
Prepare Marinade Without Egg:
- Mix ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 2 garlic cloves (pressed) in a large bowl.
- Add 2 pound of chicken tenders inside the mixture.
- Let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
Prepare Breading Mixture:
- Then coat the chicken tenders in the breaded mixture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long do chicken tenders take in an air fryer?
It takes 7-8 minutes to fry the Chicken tenders perfectly in an air fryer.
What temperature do you cook chicken tenders in an air fryer?
Keep the temperature of an air fryer at 400 degrees F to cook chicken tenders.
Is air fryer chicken healthy?
Air fryer chicken is better and healthy than deep fryers. However, the healthy factor depends on the food you are adding to the fryer.
Do you preheat an air fryer?
Yes, preheating the air fryer can help you in achieving better results.
Don’t forget, you can always add your twist to the chicken tenders recipe and share it with me too. I would love to try your versions as well. Leave us your feedback in the comment section below. Till then, stay tuned for the upcoming recipes.