There are so many ways to cook 7-bone roast or 7-bone steak in a crockpot. But, you might be curious about the best way of cooking a 7-bone roast. Here, you are going to get a grand slam recipe of a 7-bone roast that turns into a hearty beef stew.
Crockpot 7-bone roast is an American variation of the French dish. Here, we use a 7-bone roast, which is also known as a center-cut pot roast or 7-bone steak is from the chuck section of the steer or heifer and includes a cross-cut of the shoulder blade. As per my experience, I can tell you that the crockpot does a terrific job of cooking the meat.
To make a 7-bone roast in the crockpot, take a 7-bone roast, season with salt and pepper, sear well on both sides in a skillet. In the same skillet, make a delicious sauce using ingredients like mushroom, onion, tomato. Drop some vegetables into the crockpot, place the meat on the top, pour your sauce on the meat. Place the lid and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
To know more about the recipe, all you need to do is scroll down, and you will get the detailed description of ingredients you need, time duration, and also nutritional value. So, read the whole article and try this recipe at home.
What's In The Post
Crockpot 7-Bone Roast Recipe
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 “7-Bone” Beef Pot Roast (about 5 pounds)
- 8 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- ¾ cup Red Wine
- 3 Carrots (cut in chunks)
- 2 Ribs Celery (cut in chunks)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups Beef Broth
Searing the meat:
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Take a “7-bone” beef chuck roast.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Put 7- bone beef in skillet and sear meat on all sides, medium-high temperature.
Preparation of soup:
- Add sliced mushrooms and butter to the skillet. Wait few minutes until mushrooms will be brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in diced onion, garlic, and some tomato paste. Stir well all ingredients.
- At last, pour wine into skillet. Allow simmering until reduced and thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Drop the carrots and celery into the crockpot, place the meat on the top.
- Spread the Mushroom sauce over roast in crockpot. Combine Worcestershire sauce and beef broth, then pour into the crock as well.
- At last, add fresh herbs. You are almost done; place the lid and cook on high for 4 -5 hours.
- Some fat liquid may appear on the meat after a while. Remove it from the crockpot.
- Close the lid again and cook on low temperature, for another 2- 3 hours.
- When it’s fork tender, it’s ready. Time to take meat out of the crockpot.
- Now, you can serve it with baked potatoes or rice, or anything you like.