An easy and quick 4-ingredient potato soup is a budget-friendly and delicious recipe. Perfect for weeknight meals, this recipe is effortless. Prepare a huge batch of potato soup with the help of this article.
The 4-ingredient potato soup is loaded with incredibly rich flavors. To make this in your kitchen, all you need is russet potatoes, garlic salt, milk, and green onions. For the toppings, you can add some shredded cheddar cheese.
Simmer the potatoes and merge them with milk. Let it thicken and immerse evenly. Moving forward, add a pinch of garlic salt and cook until the potatoes are cooked through and the soup is reduced to half. Once the soup is ready, garnish it with your choice of toppings and serve.
Refer to the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions to prepare the potato soup. Step-by-step instructions will help you to achieve the right consistency of the soup.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make 4 Ingredient Potato Soup?
- Potato Masher – Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Ladle – Keep stirring in the soup with a ladle.
- Stockpot – Prepare the potato soup in a stockpot.
- Bowl – Serve using a soup bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make 4 Ingredient Potato Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make 4 Ingredient Potato Soup?
- Russet Potatoes – Prepare the 4 ingredient potato soup with some russet potatoes. The russet potatoes are more starch and results in better taste and flavors.
- Milk – Whole milk added to the potato soup will bring out the better consistency of the soup.
- Green Onions – Garnish the potato soup with finely chopped green onions on the top. It brings out mild flavors and makes for a great topping.
- Garlic Salt – For tons of flavor, use garlic salt instead of regular salt. If you don’t have garlic salt, simply mix the salt with a pinch of garlic powder.
- Cheddar Cheese (optional) – For some great toppings, add shredded cheddar cheese on top of the soup.
Steps To Make 4 Ingredient Potato Soup
Take a large pot filled with water. Add russet potatoes and bring to a boil. Over medium heat, cook the potatoes for 15 minutes until cooked through. Poke the potatoes with a fork to see if it cooked nicely. Once the potatoes are boiled, mash until they start to break down.
2. Hearty Bowl
Drain the excess water from the pot, add milk and garlic salt to the pot and stir in evenly. If you wish the soup to be smooth, then use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Continue to cook the potatoes until the milk is thickened and reduced to half.
3. Beautify The Soup
Pour the soup into the serving bowl. Garnish it with some finely chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese. Serve and enjoy!
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
How Will 4 Ingredient Potato Soup Look And Taste Like?
The 4-ingredients potato soup is rich, thick, creamy, and delightful. Loaded with sweet and savory flavors, the potato soup satiates your hunger and cravings. Taste the depth of rich and umami flavors with each sip of hearty potato soup.
4 Ingredient Potato Soup Recipe
- ½ cup Russet Potatoes
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup Green Onions
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese optional
- In a larger pot, add russet potatoes to boil.
- Simmer the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Drain the excess water when the potatoes are cooked.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher nicely to achieve a smooth texture of the soup.
- Pour milk and add garlic salt to the potatoes. Mix it well and let it simmer until the soup is thickened and reduced to half.
- Cook the soup for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour the soup into a bowl when it is thickened.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped green onions and cheddar cheese.
- Enjoy a bowl of hearty potato soup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you make potato soup thicker?
For making the potato soup thick, add a teaspoon of cornstarch or two tablespoons of roux to the soup.
How do I spice up bland potato soup?
Season the bland potato soup with salt and black pepper. The pepper will spice up the soup a little.
Is potato soup better the next day?
Yes, potato soup tastes better the next day. However, avoid freezing the soup for later use.
Can you freeze potato soup?
We should not freeze the potato soup. It doesn’t result in a good texture and taste.